7.09.2011

Buddha's Palm (Shaw Brothers, 1982)



There are hundreds of martial arts flicks, but almost nothing like the 1982 Shaw Brother's film Buddha's Palm. It's 85% martial arts, 10% special effects and 5% animation, which measures out to 100% of an arse kickin' good time. This movie is also high atop the list of martial arts movies that I love, but don't yet own. And as far as I can tell, it has never been released domestically– which is exactly why I don't yet own it. I'd be happy to have a bootleg, but I haven't seen any of those for sale anywhere either. If the trailer piques your interest, look for a streaming version of it online. That's how I got the chance to watch it sometime last year.

3 comments:

soulquarian14 said...

yes! DOPE film! ... if you have a multi-region DVD player you can grab "digital remastered" here: http://www.yesasia.com/global/1002784557-0-0-0-en/info.html

St. Paco said...

Man, I was just on that site the day I posted this and they were sold out of it. THANKS! =)

hardeep said...

haha, it's a goldmine :P ... no worries bro, thanks to your post I'll be revisiting a classic soon enough!