8.25.2017

The Reason For My Absence: "See, What Had Happened Was..."


"It's been a long time, I shouldn't have left you / Without a strong rhyme to step to." 
– Eric B. & Rakim

It's been quite the year, let me tell you. And while I haven't been writing much on YKFS, the cyber-foot traffic still manages to be impressive. I thank everyone who's stumbled upon this humble blog, and I sincerely appreciate all o' yous' who decide to return from time to see what's new. 

Oh, and I have been writing. Just not here. 

As the views on this site began creeping up to 100,000 back in June of this year (a milestone I'd forgotten to even acknowledge, doh!), I realized that it was finally time to start branching out as a writer and to expand my influence as an...influencer.

Damn skippy, I got influence. And sooomebody owes me some shoes. Uh huh, I see you, Onitsuka. I see you. *Side eye*

Anywho, in a remarkably short amount of time it all came together. After years of mostly giving away mah creative jewels for free-ninety-nine, as of today yours truly is a freelance writer for two different websites, MoviePilot/Creators and Comic Book Resources. Cool, huh?

And no, I'm not exactly making Eric B. & Rakim money (see: Paid in Full), but whatever I'm making will cover the cost of an out-of-control comic book habit. So if you haven't seen anything new posted to YKFS, feel free to check me out from time to time here and here.

Thanx.

^_^

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous! Congratulations. Thanks for returning to this side. ;)

darrell d said...

Show-off.


Naw,do ya thing kid!

St. Paco said...

LMAO!!!!!!

darrell d said...

For some reason I wasn't able to comment on the car site, but that post on the me go dolls had me drolling big time. I had the superman and batman but got rid of them. That iron-man and human torch are nuts!!!!!!! I do own a falcon in great condition. That one was not on your list but after all this "one knee" protesting it soon will be!!!!!!!!! Then it's cash city for me.

St. Paco said...

LMAO!!! Craziness.

I owned the Mego Spider-Man figure twice because he was my favorite back then. I also had the Hulk. My friend Steven had a bunch of the others, including Batman Robin and Superman, and Kirk and Spock from the Star Trek Line. And, yeah, I was drooling with nostalgia the whole time I worked on that. I kept looking at the wall next to my desk tryna figure out if I was gonna buy one at some point and hang there. The jury is still in deliberations. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

darrell d said...

Again I was not able to comment on the CBR site for some reason but, in regards to "The 15 Most Expensive Kenner Super Powers Toys Ever" post, once I got involved with the Mego action figures I really (to this day) never cared about any other brand of dolls because they were never as cool. I completely ignored these Kenner figures. In fact, I've never heard of half of these characters. Anyway, I wonder how many of these valuable nuggets I may have passed up in my digging adventures. I will surely be on the lookout from now on.

St. Paco said...

It's actually best to comment over here, cuz I've never even thought to read any of the comments on my CBR pieces. Somehow I never owned any of the Super Powers figures either. Not sure why. Maybe it was harder to reconcile the size when compared to Mego superheroes. Or maybe I was just more into hip-hop and girls by the time these came out. Heh.

darrell d said...

Yep, your last sentence about sums it up.