6.15.2011

Black Dynamite, you shot me in the NECK!


First of all, I should be shot in the neck for even buying another comic book. I haven't yet read all of the stuff that I brought back from the Phoenix Comicon. But I knew that a copy of Black Dynamite: Slave Island was being held for me, and I didn't want Charlie (of Charlie's Comics) to think that I forgot. While out running my errands today, I made my way over to his shop to pick it up.

It was a good thing, too. Upon my arrival, Charlie said that the book was a retail sell-out and now going for 3 or 4 times the cover price on Ebay. When I was last in his shop (about 5 weeks ago), he told me that the Black Dynamite comic was coming, and that 2 of the 3 copies he'd ordered were already reserved. I called dibs on the last one, and he offered to hold it until my next irregular visit.

Well, as bad as it is that I bought another book (six actually), the good news is that I've already read Black Dynamite: Slave Island. The friggin' temperature in Tucson was 103° today, though, so I don't have the energy to write a review. If you've seen the movie, then you already kinda' know what to expect–and this book continues the story of Black Dynamite in a righteous way. I had an absolute ball with it.

Hopefully, the book will go back to press for a 2nd printing–so that I can unload my 1st edition copy on Ebay and use that extra cash to buy more books! Nah, I really do hope that Ape Entertainment will print another run so that more fans can get in on some serious fun.

As to why this book was under-ordered, there's surely enough blame to go around, but I think that most of it rests on the shoulders of readers like me. I knew that the book was coming and I knew that I wanted a copy, but I forgot to place an order for it in advance. Luckily, thanks to Charlie's Comics, I still got a shot at buying (and reading!) Black Dynamite: Slave Island.

And speaking of shots...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Second printing now available. Get money!

http://www.blackdynamitemovie.com/store/comics/black-dynamite-slave-island