10.02.2014

This Day in History – Bob Marley's 1979 album "Survival" was released 35 years ago today

Bob Marley signing autographs at Tower Records in Los Angeles, CA 1979

There are no coincidences.

Trying always to be mindful of that, I'll will admit now that I still find myself completely amazed at times at the way things can come together.

In relation to the 'fun fact' posted in the header, I had absolutely no intention of timing the release of my forthcoming Survival 101 mixtape with the October 1979 release of the Bob Marley and the Wailers album that was its inspiration. But, amazingly, it still worked out that way.

What is also fairly amazing to me is the fact that I didn't seek out this bit of October-related trivia. It just came to me (showed up in my mailbox) by way of Google Plus as a "suggested read." You should have seen my eyes when I realized the significance of the date.

When the universe is speaking, you'd better listen
, goes the saying. Well, the universe has been whispering to yours truly quite a bit recently. And I'm doing my best to hear what she is suggesting...and to act accordingly.

1 comment:

Rose W said...

Thank you for sharing thiss