2.22.2012

Happy 'Subway Art' to Me

Image from Subway Art, 2009. Courtesy of Chronicle Books.

At Barnes & Noble today, I chanced upon the 25th Anniversary Edition of Subway Art sellin' for the discounted price of $9.99. That's right, true believers, the super-sized version of Subway Art (original SRP $40.00) is sellin' for the low, low price of $9.99.

Well, the book had actually been in the virtual discount bins at barnesandnoble.com and amazon.com since last year, if not even earlier. But it was still really cool to see it in the discount section of a brick-n-mortar store. This is especially true when considering that I've been draggin' my shell-toes about buying a copy since its release in 2009.

I know, I know. Blasphemous, right?

Well, after 'oohing and ahhing' through the copy that my homeboy Mikey picked up back when it first came out, I wasn't in any rush to get my own copy. Maybe it was stubborn sentimentality that just kept me referencing the original copy that I purchased way back in the 1980s, beat to utter crap though it may be.

With my birthday coming up (on Friday), and for the price, I figured it was finally time to make my move. But I still haven't cracked the cover yet. In fact, the book is still in the B&N bag. Like I said, my b-day is just around the corner and since I've waited nearly three years for it, I can wait another 48 hours, can't I?

No comments: