2.04.2019

Happy Belated 80th, Count Dante!


February 2, 2019 marked what would have been the 80th birthday of the man once known as Count Dante (1939-1975). Having grown up in the golden age of martial arts movies reading comics–where Dante's most famous ad for his martial arts system appeared–the Count holds a special place in my heart, and in the hearts of countless others. 

In the fall of 2004 I wrote an essay on Count Dante and published it in the first issue of Kung Fu Grip zine. Sometime last year, I decided that I should probably transfer that piece to the web. As coincidence would have it, a fellow Gen-Xer who both read and liked the piece invited me onto his podcast on February 1st to talk about the infamous cult figure. It was a fun chat.  

I'll post a link to the show when its edited and uploaded to the web in a couple of weeks. But in the meantime, if you've never read "Man, You Come Right Out Of A Comic Book," you can check it out the essay by clicking here

No comments: